Sunday, December 6, 2020

Buca di Beppu

Hey, I've eaten there a few times.   


My coworker Brandon, and his wife Jill, came to Beppu so we could Play. We love to Play. And explore! Our first stop was Jigoku (that means beep in Japanese).


Look at the pics.


It's a place where there are loads of hot springs. Of all varieties. Watch.

This is where the entrance of Beep itself is.

Some more red gates.

Look at the red mud.

Japan has tons of these Tanuki statues all over the place. This one looks all weird. 

Grey mud pits. They are boiling hot.

Queue Me and the Boys, meme.

HQC and I are playing dress up. 

Even though I hate Evil cats, I thought this was pretty clever.

The signs in Japan are fun.

Plablo.

Reminded me of the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. One of the most relaxing places in the world.

If you are tired of drinking plain water try adding the delicate fragrance of rotten eggs to it. sure to be a hit at your next party.

They do their best with the translations.


Another shot of the blue lake.

Ash Wednesday towels.

Red pepper ice cream is pretty good!

Foot baths are a plenty here. 

My Aunt Diane told my mom that even Satan needs friends. I'm trying to honor her wish.

It's fun to look at the skeletons of creatures. 

Lots of Jakare here. 

This is a cute little pig nosed urtle, gurtle turtle. You want one, huh? Say it.
SAY IT! 

I like to laugh at Brandon wearing his mask. 

If you ever played the game Doom II you might recognize some of these faces in the walls.

Almost looks like the Devil that sharpens his Claws in Insidious.

Can't go swimming here.

This was the 6th or 7th hot spring in the area.

A geyser not unlike Old Faithful, goes off every so often. Fun to watch.

We were craving gyozas. 

Good and cheap food.

Holly is frightened of the little geothermal activity. 

Beppu had lots of coolo manholes.

I only uploaded a few for you to indulge in.

You have to just look at it.

Will you just look at it?

The Beppu Tower. So junky. Only 300 yen to go up.

Fun to look out at The City.

You guys should know by now that I love The City.

See the cracked windows? They're all like that and very dirty. 

This fun devil head gets moved around during various activities and people take pics with it. 

I wanted to worship the Almighty in Beppu. I found the Church in the downtown area on the 3rd floor. But they weren't meeting #becausecovid19.  

So Holly and camped out in the hallway.

He was named "Shiny uncle who loved children. I hope someday I get that distinction with a Nekid child hanging on to my coattails as I fly away like Superman. 

The girls love to have fun together. 

Along with foot baths there are hand baths! Warm and cleansing.

The next town over was a really Japanese-only tourist place that features tons of food and treats and wares to purchase. 

Here's a fun car to get. 

It's a Subaru. 

Very delicious hot dog. 

And even better consomme fries. Remember I taught you guys a while back about that flavor.

It's a great little town. Loved it here. 

Ney-ney bus. 

Time to head on back to Joe's so we can continue biking south in the morning. 

No comments: