Wednesday, December 2, 2020

"Downwards Is The Only Way Forwards."

    I really thought things would be colder by the time we got to this part of the journey. I'm so glad it's not, though. Because cold is the worst. It's December. Always pick hot when it's a would you rather question between hot and cold. It's really only been cold when the sun is down and when we begin riding for the day. Other than that "everything else is cream cheese" (Teen Woof got it.)


If you remember a few months ago when I debuted our new bikes we purchased. HQC and I rode back through the Kitakyushu and showed off our mileage and gear. They were quite impressed and gave us some free repairs. They took turns taking a spin on Holly's bike astonished at the heavy weight of the load.

The Japanese like to protect themselves from sunlight and use these to cover their hands while riding. They also help keep them warm in the winter. 

Some winter flower is blooming now and it makes for a pleasant ride.

Kinda like my dad's toilet in Coolidge with all the quotes on the wall.

See that gate behind the bike?

We were fixing a flat on The Status Quo's bicycle and this Old Bag gets after us because the bike is preventing  the gate from being opened. She's so dumb and impatient she can't see that the tire is off the bicycle and we can't move it until we finish. It's people like that whom I hate in life. 

Futagoji temple didn't disappoint. Worth the climb.

I'm enjoying more Mikans.

I like how they decorate the outsides of the tunnels.

Look at that big hornets nest.

I love the neat Cemetery Gates. This is a lone grave. There was even a Mikan tree next to it that I gratefully accepted. 

Look at her go.

Walking up the path to the temple.

This had better be me when I'm a father, dang it. "I want 100 kids so I can have 100 friends and no one can say no to being my friend."

Someday it would be nice to know what each building's purpose was.

A statue looking out at us.

Fall colors are still going strong in December. 


Far view of the castle in Kitsuki.

It's a little ney-ney castle but it had WiFi. 

I like the Hello Kitty song.

Early morning rides to get to Joe's!

Very nice bike path on the road from Beppu to Oita. 

Look they actually call the soda, Pop. Remember when people did that in the Olden Days?


2 comments:

Mom said...

I called it pop and you or someone told me that it's called soda now days. How would I know? I don't drink the stuff.

Kimball said...

Where did I inherit my love for SODA then?