Friday, December 11, 2020

Kagoshima

    Not to overshadow my previous post of Finals Week, but lemme get this one in here really quick. The tip of Japan doesn't have a magical train to pick us up and take us back to where we needed to be like I was picturing. (Kinda like how Michael Scott was hoping there would be a nice Bed and Brefess at the halfway point for him and Holly to meet at during their LDR.) Now we have to high-tail it through the land of volcanos back to Kagoshima. I started reading* the book called The Push today so I'm reminded of the stories as I post these pics. 

*Note. I've listened to audiobooks throughout the entire journey and the effect has been the same. Memories of the books come up as I post and write about my days. But that's another lesson on Geographic Memory And It's Usefulness for another time. 

Today is a great day. 


Little red flower. 

Flowers line the highways. Makes it nice. 

This is called "Little Mt Fuji." Wanted to climb it, but alas, I am on a bicycle.

I like how they decorate the tunnels with fun scenes like this one of Mt. Sakurajima. 

Here are some more flower planters they use down here in Kyushu.

You guys don't even care.

Found these old Canyons that were used for some war. 

Can't get enough of the Shrines. 

These statues are nasty, don't look at them.

There's Sakurajima.

HollyQuayChiu is doing great!

Here's a farther view to give you some scope. I was reading the signs along the way and there have been several eruptions in different spots on the mountain in recent times. It's fun to date the different lava flows. The Geologist in me is going wild. Remember I'm both a Geographer and a Geologist. Maps and rocks. Don't confuse the two. 

See the wisps of smoke at the top. I will need to add this to the list to climb when I come back. 

I'm riding. 

What am I thinking about here?


No comments: