Saturday, October 3, 2020

Shikoku: Part 2

Now this part gets exciting. After we got our things together we took the train back to Central Shikoku up through the mountains. This area was so pretty. Reminded me of Colorado but there weren't any hippies getting high AF and ruining everything, thankfully. 


The Oboke Station was a good place to stop to head towards the Iya Valley.

Steeps hills now.

This guy was asleep for a really long time. Look at him, he's still sleeping. I bet if you come back here tomorrow he'll still be there.

Had a nice chat with some new friends. Here I am swapping war stories from my days as a Royal Marine.

I wished I had taken a pic of this meal that was advertised and thus made me stop to buy one. It did not look like this pitiful attempt at a meal. I ate this with a scowl on my face.

The Japanese animation and marketing department get 5 stars, easily. 

I found the Asian Pear. 

Steep ascents. Good thing I grew up in good ol' globe where I don't have a problem with biking up hills. Because if you can bike up 4th street as a 10 year old to go visit the Pennells Donk Donk, you can bike up anything. Even Everest! Yeah!

Nice scenery at the top.

See, they still have Ninjas here in Japan. Now will you believe me?

What'd I tell you about all the Naked statues here? They're nasty,

Look at him. He's draining his weasel.

Had HQC been here with me I'd have gone pee alongside this boy with my pants around my ankles, too. Now that would have made quite the epic pic. I hate that word epic. You guys use it way too much rendering it non-epic.

Met The Quay here on this bridge. She was happy. I loved it.

You have to pay the troll underneath this rope suspension bridge one gold coin to cross. 


Walking to go pay the troll.

Thankfully, the troll was out getting a soda so we didn't have to pay him.

Felt like we were in a treehouse. It was all neat. Look at the lanterns.

Fun building.


Holly is zooming down to the campsite. Plus I'm taking notes from my niece, Dana. the blurrier the pics the better. 

Biwa Fallas was all neat at night.

Here's a classic. Good thing I speak Spanish.

Humble, tasty food to eat for din dins.

Humble campsite too, when the real campsite decided to close #becausecovid or something dumb.

The Japanese are the professionals when it comes to redirecting water.

The early bird gets the worm! And the road to herself.

So much fun to bike down.

I don't even have to climb Mt Fuji this time to be above the clouds. Love it when this happens. 
Now we're below the clouds.


"aight, Imma head out now."

Central Shikoku AF.

Had we done this trip in Miserable August I'd have jumped in to swim.

Because it rains a lot here, landslides are a plenty.
Had to stop and use The Can at the store. This was a neat map (because I love maps) on the wall telling you of neat places to visit in the area.


If you drink one of these you get Pikachu's powers.

Look how soft the toilet paper is. And it has all that fun writing on it, too. But still inferior to a Japanese bidet.

I caught him opening up this soda machine.

This grocery store had a guy selling okonomiyaki 

For only 1 gold coin you get all this. Good deal.

There's the beep.

Rich canyon.

Japan has so many tunnels. They're fun and usually scary especially the longer ones. 

There's a citrus fruit here called yuzu. It's one of my favorites. I found this yuzu flavored drink. Wished the container was larger. 

Can't beat delicious rice cream on a long day out biking!

When I saw these bikers, I had to call my mom and tell her what I saw. Here's a fun video for reference.

When I moved to  Japan I thought it was silly that they install these little fans over the reflectors. I guess it's a way to clean them when cars and shaq-a-clauses drive by. They spin like crazy.

Time for bed. Long day.


No comments: