Monday, October 5, 2020

Shikoku: Part 3

     As we got closer to the western side of Shikoku there was a downhill that lasted for approximately 15 minutes. I loved it. When you're crouched low for less wind resistance your arms get super sore from holding them in that position. That's the price you pay for going uphill, though. Too much fun.

It was a bit of a foggy morning. 

I think Matsuyama loves Phoenixes. As do I.

You can't beat Crops.

Or that view.

We bathed at old Dogo Onsen in Matsuyama. Naked men were abounding while I shaved my beard.

Remember in a few posts back where I told you to buy Phoenixes at?

There's a restaurant here called Big Boy. I was a Big Boy walking out of it. 
Another Michinoeki to the rescue. 


"Now I eat success for breakfast...with skim milk."
As always, points will be awarded for correctly guessing any and all quotes.

I love the progression of these triangles from flat to needle beep.

Who wants to guess what they're growing here?

Here comes the Status Quo!

Found this Towel Museum.

It wasn't really a museum, just a palace to furnish your decadent home with expensive towels.
Now that fall is here, the bugs will be going away, thankfully. Spiders and their webs are the hardest to capture well on camera.


The King of Towels lives here.

See? I told you they love their naked statues. 

I have a brother and a SIL that raises llamas. They will never see this pic.

Look how rich these towels are.
On top was a rich garden.


See that row of small trees? The path stretched on and each one was a different fruit. It was all neat.

"I'll have a #1 Large please!"

The castle in Imabari was very well remodled and rich.

It even had a completely filled in moat! You only see that in Heroes of Might and Magic. I will whip anyone at that game.

Caption this pic of HQC and me: Points will be awarded for best caption. And don't be inappropriate, either.

I love the red gates. If red gates lined the steps down to Beep, then it wouldn't be that bad after all.

Love the Shrines AF.

So far, I think this is my favorite Japanese Castle. Inside had a lot of fossils, ancient artifacts, weapons, and armor of the Samurai.

Time for the bridges connecting Imabari to Onomichi.

There are six bridges to bike across.

If you throw your trash off the bridge you'll bonk one of the ships on the head. Dang it, don't do that. It hurts them.

I have many sanctuaries in life. This is one of them.

Biking up and down the bridges in one day would be a good challenge. I invented that while I was riding.

This is The Quay's second time doing this route. She came through here previously before meeting me.
I spy with my little brown eye, a white dinosaur. 


This bridge had us going under the road like that one bridge by Oakland, CA.

It was windy.

Which group are you in? I hated my last boss.

I love going under the great columns of the bridges. It's like going past the Argonath.
Holly found me.


Look at all the crap I'm carrying. I will be carrying more when we get up to Hokkaido to begin the real journey. I also refuse to wear my helmet. Don't even know why I brought it with me. 

Love the blue lines.


And thus ends the preliminary practice portion! Shikoku is prolly an area you won't see if you come to Japan for a week or two on vacation like a sucker. Now we will head back to Iwakuni for a breather, replenish our supplies, assess the damage, get my deposit back on my apartment, and head on up towards Hokkaido on the Shin. 

Like my cousin Rob Gibson used to say in his letters to his family during his mission, "Well I'm out."


2 comments:

Michael Whitley said...

Loved the towel museum and giant hamburger! Oh and wear your helmet! :)

Kimball said...

Haha but I hate it!