Thursday, January 4, 2024

Day #6 Fenglin to Donghe

Now we're at the point of the journey where it's going by too darn fast and I can't remember exactly what happened the day before yesterday. Especially with all the little towns and their weird names. Can't keep track of it. But that's why I keep multiple journals, including this blog, for that sort of thing. 

We decided to head back towards the coast for some better views. We crossed over a small mountain pass and enjoyed the rewarding downhill. Loved it. 

Some highlights for today:

- passed the Tropic of Cancer (23.4 degrees N of the Equator)

- spokes got loose (again!)

- found a place to shower!

- my right knee was hurting.


Today we biked 116.06 km (70.35 miles). Our longest day so far!

Love this one. Look at my girls.

Our beakfast from the hotel! These scallion pancakes were all good.

I liked how these trees overlooked the road.

Lily Rose was playing with one of her favorite toys - Pikachu.

It's fun to ride through the quiet towns.

Taiwan (and Japan) have these blind spot mirrors all over the country roads. That's how we look while riding by.

Meatstsicks has been very good for the bean and giving her attention or taking her off our hands when we need a breather. He's not even an uncle and he's a natural.

Look at these great chip flavors! And this is barely a sample. There's dozens more.

Haha top one.

If I was an engineer I'd like to think I'd be the one that built bridges.

Tropic of Cancer!

Bean pie had fun riding this boar.

He's single ladies. His only requirement is that you are THICC like Trump's border. Send in your dating applications below! 

Would you just look at it?

Camping at a rest stop.

I think I used to close my eyes like this when I was a baby. 


4 comments:

Meatsticks said...

Come on ladieeeeeees!!!?

Janalee said...

so much fun and no hardship at all, you make it look effortless and easy

Kimball said...

It's easier than most people think. Mom took a week with me from Chicaaaaaaaaaaaaago to Omaha at age 50 something so anyone can do it.

Kimball said...

Also, ladies don't let down Sticks! He's a farmer and can cook and bake anything your heart desires.