Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Mikans, Maids, and Dumpsters


    I've been neglecting you readers and I'm very sorry. I apologize. Even if there are only 10 readers, you're the real MVPs. Everyone else is dead to me. But I'm ready to provide you another quality blog post. And to prove it, here is the blog post. 

The Status Quo and I have been cruising right along. At around the Mt Fuji area, the landscape has been feeling more and more familiar to southern Japan. Which is what we like. We've been having terrific weather and not very many rain days like in the North. 

You'd think by now that my bum wouldn't be sore but yet here we are. 

Speaking of bums, we've incorporated the Art of Dumpster Diving. 

(Back story)

There are many things that make me furious in life and kindle my Anger and Hatred but few that make me See Red. Some of those things are:
  • Cheaters
  • Israel
  • Hot babes with loser, ugly guys
  • Wasting food
Let's discus the last one right now. Wasting food. I know you guys do it. And I hate that. Perfectly good food goes to waste because you think it's bad. It's not. So in Japan there are hundred of thousands of gas stations (7-Elevens, Family Marts, Lawsons) throughout the country. Gas stations here aren't crappy like they are in the States, btw. They examine the food and if it is the day of expiration stamped on the package it goes in the dumpster. 

This food is still perfectly eatable. This food is still perfectly edible. This food is still sealed in its packaging. This food is safe. The food is actually Quality. This food sustains life. HQC found out through other friends about this hidden gem. She taught me the ways. And it is Glorious. 

So we dumpster dive. So sue me. No, don't do that. 



Mandarin oranges or Mikans are the latest rage this time of year. Last year when I was uneducated I used to purchase them for an arm and a leg each. Having developed an eye for them now, I know what is a good price and when to grab them.  

We added them to our oatmeal in the morning. Good stuff. 

A glimpse of one of our campsites. 

And another. Now you know what we're up against. 

Love, love, love going through these empty back roads where you hardly see anyone. 

Fun, small Pagoda in the middle of the City, 

My first #successful Dumpster Dive. All this food expires today. Still fresh, sealed, and delicious, even the salads. You can't beat it. 

 
We arrived in Nagoya. I love how the Japanese cities will adorn the streets with Christmas lights. 

We rode on a romantic Ferris Wheel.

That building across the street had a neat maid cafe. Hot Japanese babes dressed as maids at your Beck and Call making you cute food and just being so very cute. We didn't go but we can pretend. 

Another view of the lights.

Holly cruising.

The stores have fun names. Sometimes people need to Don't, also.

We've been craving for Sukiya. It's a cheap franchise here that offers good food. 

I treated Meatsticks when he visited me last year. I told you guys to visit me and I would have treated you to anything you wanted but you all got scared and abandoned me for Quick Profits. 

2 comments:

Susan Hansen said...

Noone got scared Kim. People have other priorities. It's ok. Don't be so grouchy at us. I'm glad you'll be home in a couple of weeks. I love the dumpster diving. You learned not to waste from your mom

Kimball said...

My Anger Level is at 1 million. I must have learned my Hatred from either you or Dad.

Dumpster Diving is the best.