Saturday, November 7, 2020

TKO for Tokyo - Round 1

    We're at about the midpoint of our journey. Just like how Tokyo is about the center point of the country making it an ideal location for the capital. Another free Geography lesson for you guys. By the time I'm finished with my trip and teaching you all the things, you will have a Minor in Geography. (A Major in Geography is much more difficult, nay impossible for you to get.) You guys owe me a lot of money btw.

    To quote Dennis from Jurassic Park: "I am totally unappreciated in my time. You can run this whole park from this room with minimal staff for up to 3 days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network 8 connection machines and debug 2 million lines of code for what I bid for this job? Because if he can I'd like to see him try."

    Tokyo, for being the largest metropolitan city in the world, is the best bikeable city from what I've seen. 

  1. Very good drivers (the taxis can be debatable, though)
  2. Bike lanes
  3. Not much relative traffic
  4. Clean streets
  5. You can park your bike practically anywhere (if you recall my rant at the city officials in a prior post)
  6. The buildings aren't super tall so you still maintain GPS quality throughout
And I only heard one horn honk the whole time while I was there. It wasn't even at me, either.

Makes you think huh?

    Oh, and I don't think you know this but since my background is black and the text is white, hyperlinks show up as grey instead of the typical blue. I have placed them a lot in this post as well as in previous posts. They are gems, Easter eggs, and nuggets of wisdom. Start clicking on them, dang it. It's embarrassing that I should even have to tell you this. 


The City

We're cruising right along!

Great sunset!

The second time I wore a helmet during this trip so far. I was expecting Havoc riding through but was pleasantly surprised. 



See? Not much traffic.

City night life has been a favorite past time of mine. 

Lots of lights make life exciting.

Saw Tom Cruise here. Had a nice little chat. 

Din dins.

Sashimi.

New Kitkat flavors! Don't worry I didn't indulge in the sinful one of Sparkling Wine. 

Sins.

Last year I raced in the Spartan Ultra and 12 Hour Hurricane Heat in Havaii. I met Suzuki there. He's a personal trainer. A few days before coming to Tokyo I asked him if he could help us find a place to stay, he offered up one of his offices where we stayed for the weekend. Very nice. He later gave us each professional massages that very the best ever. I told you guys it pays to have friends. You Introverts just keep to yourselves. At least become an Ambivert or something.


Time for bed. Let's explore again tomorrow! This city is huge,. 


The only let down in Tokyo that I experienced were these manholes. As you know by now, Japan has really fun, diverse manholes. To quote Michael Scott, "Ladies, not your best effort."

HQC and I were wanting Mesican food. Not bad.

I missed the classic rice and beans that Globe Mesican food adds with their dishes. 

Fun little dessert. And ever girl knows desserts spelled backwards is stressed.

Speaking of desserts, who's ready for Cotton Candy? I am!

This is tht one famous intersection you've heard about. 

Look at them getting ready for the light to turn green.

The Asian Pear is excited. 

People AF.

Here are some more Nekid statues. Our favorite. 

Should I get a suit like that?

There's a fast food joint called Lotteria. They have this burger called the 4-Dan. It's four patties of meat and cheese. They flavor their burgers with pepper. I think only one of you knows that I love pepper, so for the rest of you, lemme tell you, I love pepper. This burger ain't cheap but it's worth it at least a couple dozen times. 

Fun little side street. 

We saw hundreds of people eating these and lining up. We had to. Just a giant slab of breaded chicken. Very good. 


We're getting our free 15 minutes in the massage chair. The nice attendant talked with us while we sat. She knew Spanish, too. You know, I've been able to speak more Spanish in Japan than I did in the 5 years living in Texas.

There's a famous story about this good doggie, Hachiko and his master. Click here to learn more.  

Fooled you guys, That's not the moon. Just a street light. "Got 'em!" (Jeremy clapping his hands).

The following props were used in the actual films of the Christopher Nolan Batman films. My favorite.

I'm Bane.

"Then you're gunna love me!"

I'm also Batman. When he's climbing out of the Pit. One of the top ten scenes in all of cinematic history. I'll wait.  

I don't know why I added this pic to show you guys. IF you even scrolled this far. Bunch of slackers. 

Love, love, love Japanese pancakes. 

They make them like how Trump likes his borders:

"Thicc."

No, this isn't something nasty. But it is rare. Delodorant. One of the many things I like about SE Asians - that has turned into a double edged sword for me - they don't stink. So hardly any of them use Deloderant. I would purchase mine from the Commissary on Base but I recently ran out. Having to find some out in the Wild was difficult to say the least. And I couldn't even find any Men's flavors. 


And that's a wrap for the day! Time to rest and prepare for the Sabbath - my Mom's favorite. 

No comments: