Tuesday, November 10, 2020

TKO for Tokyo - Round 2

Ahh, you guys are thirsty for more. Alright. Let's go for Round 2. "Fight!" 

Today is the Sabbath. The past few Sundays I had success in finding a Church that was meeting together. "But it is not this day!"

The Status Quo and I made the most of it. And speaking of making the most of it, our plan while in Tokyo was to travel a few hours away to see the Snow Monkeys as well as go to Disneyland. Both plans were utterly ruined. Japanese swearwords ensued. 


Here are one of the Church edifices in Tokyo. 

And here is the Holy Temple. Currently under construction. 

Holly is admiring the buildings.

I love the buildings, I'm no architect, but I can pretend to be one, like George Costanza.

This is at the Nissan Crossing. Small but fun.

Wouldn't this be fun to live here? Yes.

Japan constructs their buildings super close together. Even when they don't have to. You have to wonder how they get in between them for maintenance. 

If you sawl my IG and bookface posts of some of the teamLab Borderless museum, here are vids for your personal enjoyment. I loved this museum. And they have other locations in the world. 








Fine, I'll share the pics, too. Only because you asked. But you'll only be able e to look at them. I won't caption them for you this time. And no, that doesn't mean you can scroll past them, either. Look, dagnabbit.

Add caption




















































Firs time having Wendy's in Japan.

Expensive but good, especially the fries. Consomme is a seasoning that isn't offered in the states. But dang, I love it. 

Buildings. Buildings. Terrific buildings. 

They had this Toyota thingy but was closed. Made me mad.

Haha risky. 

We checked into a hostel after leaving Suzuki's office. It was very cramped as you can tell. 

Night life. 

Not much traffic, see?

See that Gaming store? People play games here because it's Japan. Nintendo.

Tall buildings. Almost as tall as Hong Kong's

The bus was nearly empty going to Nagano.

Very cold night and we noticed there was snow on the hills when we woke up.

You don't get this in Utah.

The Nagano area has a lot of geothermal activity as you will find in the following pics. 

The Snow Monkeys are in that forest. At least, we thought that but when we arrived they told us they were gone to go breed. I was so mad. Like, talking about it everyday for the next 37 years, mad. I know. 

Unlike the Geyser, Old Faithful, in Yellowstone National Park, this geyser is non-stop blowing up water. 

This little touristy town was very quaint and reverent.

Middle of the day and everyone is on their best behavior. Just like we like.

We're looking for a foot bath.

So bright. And so red. If only redheads were actually red like this tree. People would like them more.

Found the foot bath! There's a lot here.

You can just sit there with your friends and enjoy each other's company. Each pool is a different temp. And the outside ring of water that you see is all cold, along with stones you step on for pressure points/acupuncture or whatever. 

I hope the steps to Heaven are like this: Going up to a Shrine.

Another foot bath. See it?

Finally we're getting to the old fashioned wooden buildings that Japan is known for. My favorite.

We wanted Ramen and since we're adults, we got it.

I haven't seen any 2020 Olympic manholes. You'd think they would have added them. Did you know if they hold the Olympics next year, they will still refer to them as the 2020 ones? Makes you think huh?

I'm trying to think who I should give this Nazi sweater, too.

Nagano Train Station.

You don't care.
Awesome Buddhist temple. 


There he is.

I wasn't supposed to take a pic in here. The combination of Majesty and Forbidden are what comprises the Buddhist Temples. Especially huge ones like this. They are wooden, dark, and usually smell like incense. You never know what's going on back there. You want to know, but you can't. If Temples could fight, I'd put money on the Buddhist ones to make it into the Semi-finals at least. 

Wish I knew what every edifice and orifice was for. 


Nice sunset.

I haven't seen a Pagoda this color before.

I posted a vid on my story of this Temple and soon got flooded with people sliding into my DMs outraged because of the Swastikas'. Didn't they know Japan and Germany were on the same team? Duh

I'm him.

I'm aslo him.

Time to head back.

Finally they are putting up Christmas lights again.  

If you haven't experienced Japan in Christmas then you haven't experienced Japan in Christmas.

I love a good Hondori - Japan's covered out-door mall, I guess. Most cities have them. 




2 comments:

Janalee said...

SF and so true about the red heads! kids get really stumped when you say someone has red hair. They say, no it's orange or brown. They don't get it.

Kimball said...

And your kids are right. Those aren't red heads.