Thursday, November 12, 2020

TKO for Tokyo - Round 3

    You guys don't even know the origin of the titles for the last three posts, do you? Mike Tyson's Punchout. Duh. TKO is an abbreviation for Tokyo. 

Having a few more days left in TKO we made the most of it instead of wasting it away.


That white building reminded me of Jenga. Wouldn't that be something playing building sized Jenga?
Architecture. I'm telling you. And to think that cousin Chris sold his architecture talent for a mess of pottage. 


The Quay took us to a pizza buffet. Really good. I ate too much. We bagged some for later. 

This was so comfy. If I come back to the store and Holly tells me to get I think I might.



Look you can see the boy's Weiner. 

Neat little WW2 Museum. 

The Canyons.

Damage from the Americans. I tried to insert the American Flag emoji but apparently it's a Hate Crime to do so. 

You can see damage from this one, too.

gun mounted on their planes.

I've never watched this show but I'm sure I have at least one fan out there that has. This one's for you.

Nice bike paths. That's what I'm talking about. I still hate when the drivers park in the lane, though. Even if it is allowed.

There's the Tokyo Skytree that we're going to visit later tonight.

I wonder if the Buddha threw out the moneychangers and people selling stuff in the Temple like Jesus did.

You already know what I'm going to say. 

See the huge Japanese lantern in the middle? I want those decorating my home. Any chump can have a regular light fixture.

I liked the water coming out of the dragons' mouths.

Lots of hotties walking around here. Tokyo Japan is full of them.

You have no idea what living here the past year has done to my Yellow Fever. 

Japan has fun translations like this one. Half of them don't make sense. But you smile and nod anyways. 

New Kitkat flavors to try!

We went to this wonderful little restaurant. I don't know the name of it nor do I know the name of this first dish. But it was good. Let's see how it's made. 

Fire up the grill and put stuff on it. 

The hot waitress cooks it all in front of you. 

You just look at it while she cooks.

It's starting to cook.

Only half with seaweed. 

You eat it with these little plates and small scrapers. 

Next is Okonomiyaki. But this is Tokyo's version of it. Which is different from Osaka and Hiroshima (the best one).

After she mixed it all up she puts it on the grill.

Then she puts it together.



And let it sit there for 20 minutes to slowly cook.

Then you flip it.

Dress it up with mayo and the special okonomiyaki sauce. 

I got Holly hooked on the dinosaur game. Which proved to be a bad thing because she beat my high score of 4100. What's your highest score? Oh, sorry I forgot you're just going to scroll on without commenting. And I hate that. 

More delicious KitKat flavors. Can't get tired of them.

This is on top of the Skytower. 

I would choose this theme song to play while in the tower and looking out. Do you guys like this song?

It's Ccccccccccccccccchristmist. Mark Kieren's favorite holiday. 


My friend Naomi told me after the fact, that it's fun to jump on this and everyone gets scared that it's going to break. 

This box of Dark Thunder was only 1 Gold Coin. This is my favorite version.

We found a replica of our folding bikes! While not the exact model they are by the same maker, Montague. They're very detailed, too. Just like the model car of Uncle Paul that Uncle Craig used to admire while he wasn't at home. 


6 comments:

Janalee said...

sf to uncle craig/uncle paul. I wonder if they will read this.


Love to nod and smile when it doesn't make sense.

Kimball said...

They won't because only 10 people read my blog and I hate everyone else.

Susan Hansen said...

Susan Hansen just read your blog.

Kimball said...

Finally.

Kara Dalmacio said...

People are missing out! This is good stuff!! Thanks for continuing to post!

Kimball said...

Thanks Kara! Appreciate the support.