Monday, October 13, 2008

Blizzard of Oz


This is Max Adams, a nice old man that treated me like I was the grandson he never had. Kinda like how Josh D is the nephew uncle Eric never had. He let me sleep in his yard and he cooked me treats, breakfast, and took me to McDonalds before I left on I-84.

Here's Idaho for you all. I was really cold this day.


Yeah well I woke up one morning and it was snowing real bad. I think it was a blizzard. (see below)


This is a famous bridge on the Snake River at Twin Falls. I guess it's world famous but I had never heard nothing about it till then.




Here we are at a neat waterfall in Twin Falls.




My camera beeps at taking pictures sometimes. While on my travels I met up with the Altom family(old friends from Globe) and they let me stay with then for the weekend and it was all fun. I got to beat wild Ryan with the pillows a lot. Now for the story: So I was camping one night like I noted above and I woke up and it had beeen snowing throughout the night pues. I was about 5-6 inches. but I thought "who cares we're off the hook, I'll ride anyways I only have about 60 miles to make it to the Altoms house, I can do it." But nope no good. I underestimated it. I think that the only person that could have gotten out of there alive is Bear Grylls and his "sheeping bag." I started off and it was freezing cold with a 30 mile an hour head wind blowing snow stinging my face. I tried to cover it up with a hand-ker-chief but it got soaked from the moisture cuz I was just breathing in it, so I was freezing and there was no other town/shelter for the next 30 miles. After traveling a distance of about a mile, I decided to throw in the bowell movement and topo my pride and I called Brother Altom to come pick me up. I hid under a few trees and tried to do the robot for a hour to stay warm, waiting for them to come. While traveling back to their home, many cars/shag diesels had skidding off the road into the snow. So all of you pessimists out there: no I cannot say I biked coast to coast now, I missed it by 60 miles are you happy? It was worth it cuz I would have been dead had I not called and told him that I was cold.

11 comments:

Janalee said...

a) What if you get to the coast and bike in a circle till your meter says you've gone 60 miles? Will that count? I say yes. (donna)

b) Another evil cat - what's really going on with these cats.

c) so funny, you threw in the bowel movement and did the robot under the tree for an hour.

Kimball said...

well I've thought about it but it just wouldn't quite work. What's done is done. I think it's a sign with all these evil cats.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I am so glad the Altoms saved you! That is fun to see their picture, too. They look exactly the same (except the kids are older).

Anonymous said...

I too am so glad that you were smart enough to call the Altoms (our friends for eternity). They are the best friends, you are the wisest son, and I am the thankfullest mom ever. Now, you and Lindsay just get home fast please. (As soon as she gets out there with you, of course).

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You are so lucky to have had the Altoms to come rescue you. And so lucky I wasn't your companion on this leg. I would've "prolly" got real girlie-girl on you. Definately wouldn't have even made it 30 miles. Bear Gryll's taught you well. I still think your neat with or without the 60 dreadful miles.

Janalee said...

Missing the 60 miles could be a pivotal turning point in your life. There is so much symbolism there. You could even write a book: "Losing Sixty Miles... and how it Changed my Life".

Anonymous said...

Your the man. Everyone is impressed with your little stunt, and now even more so. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty sweet juke. The fake and stiff arm to Nevada, and then spin-move up to Idaho. Nobody saw it coming.

Anonymous said...

Logan looks nothing like I remember him. He looks more like Adam Dalton.

Anonymous said...

I used to walk to school in those same conditions. And about that far. Seven days a week.

Anonymous said...

Kimball,
I'm glad you called someone instead of being all "macho man" and getting yourself frozen like a popsicle! I still say you did it coast to coast because you probly added 180 miles by taking the detour around Neveda! So you're 60 miles OVER!
Terresa