Friday, October 3, 2008

Uh would you like to put on your uh seatbelt uhhh?

This man had been following me for a few days, haulin' oats I mean windmill parts. His name was Larry. When he saw my Dad, they said "Hey Larry." "Hey Larry." It was kinda neat.
This was a big ol' oil refineryfor Sinclair. complete with a giant torch that burns the airplanes when they pass. It reeked when I rode passed it.


They had advertised this Hotel for about 100 miles on the freeway. That was the majority of the billboards I saw, and when I got to it, it was a hotel alright. Pretty rich though. But don't worry if you passed it, there's another one in Salt Lake.






If people want to know what I've seen the past week. This is it. Sagebrush and those wooden fences to block the snow when it blows all hard. Note to self: Don't travel through southern Wyoming again, go through the northern part.





These are a few behind the scenes pictures. People want to know what it is we do after a hard day's work- kick back den!








This is a classic shot of me bumming on the computes/posting on the stupid blog. It's nice to be able to re-wind after a long day of biking with a headwind and traveling along side of shaq-a-clauses for 10 hours on I-80. Yes Jeremy I'm wearing your shirt don't get all happy. Well now this week went by relatively fast and short. And I'm not sure why. The tradition is that I let the fellow companion right a few words and now the honors go to 2 Pop Security as Mckay calls him.
"I was able to accompany Kimball through Wyoming this week but I couldn't pedal because my foot was swollen and inflamed from a flare-up of Reiter's Syndrome which strikes me at random. Two of my kids have inherited this syndrome; Kimball who is now having a bout of Rider's Syndrome and Janalee who has chronic Writer's Syndome (See her Blog).
We saw many, many antelope grazing on the range along the highways acting like cows. Kimball did some tough days, four out of five were hundred+- milers with strong headwinds. I was fortunate to be with him and part of the great adventure."
And I've been really fortunate to be with Dad also on this crucial part of the US, where I was able to deposit my bags and bike really light to be able to go over the beep Rockies. I guess I've had kinda like an Onstar Roadside assistance, when I've had multile flats and needed quick bike repairs and supplies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to beat you up and take your bike, untill I noticed your dad following you also. I'll get you when your alone in Nevada.

Anonymous said...

your plably playing plablo on the computs.

Anonymous said...

You're a jerk lincoln.

Anonymous said...

Where's the updates.... RUN!