Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Lucky in love unlucky with fruit."



We made it to dang Utah. 2 more states to go. FYI I've abandoned the Nevado route and will now be going north to Idaho and west to Oregon. I'm glad I traveled fast and did those 100+miles days so I was able to make it to the 178th annual General Conference and listen to the words of the Prophet and Apostles of the Church. I also missed the blizzard that hit the Rockies. Another Bonus.


Here I am by a waterfall going down Provo Canyon. This was all fun to ride down and the colors and the trees and shrubs were neat. Come into the trees amongst the bushes. Come into the trees a monk eats the bushes.



This was Dad's final wave to the camera and packed his bags put it into reverse and left me with no company on this section corner of the trip.




I had to become a little begger cuz I didn't have a ticket to the Priesthood Session of General Conference, but right when I pulled out this sign someone gave me a floor seat ticket which got me a lot closer than Ben and his Daddy were sitting. FYI this is the backstabber that we've all come to know and despise, Ben.





We did another rondevoo with Uncle Paul and Aunt Nancy and this time Amy graced us with her presence. they've been following me literally on this trip. A lot more than others can say that won't even volunteer a small part of their life to join me. Where there's a will there's a way right? Also today I found some words to live by from Jan Levingston from the Office, when she said "You can always find a million reasons not to do something." I've been kicking back with Ben and he has the Office on DVD so I've been catching up on the last 3 years so I can be more like Micheal Scott. I already look like him when I have longer hair.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks C-ball now when I pass on and my great-grandkids check out the blog they'll see that I touched 4 states and be amazed

Anonymous said...

Look at the two 10 year olds trying to get tickets!

Anonymous said...

That's so pretty! How neat. Are you off again? Is Sue joining you? I thought you rode your bike all the way to conference because Ben already had a ticket for you? "Man, Ben!"

LucyH said...

I'm not sure if I have commented before, but I am enjoying your journey. Wish I could join you, but I don't think Elsie would like to be strapped to my back. Aaron would like to join you too, but he doesn't think his butt can take that bike seat.

Anonymous said...

kimball, i am honored to have made it onto your blog. maybe someday i'll bike across america so i can get really good seats for conference too...or maybe not.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you need a haircut, son. Other than that you look great. Good luck riding by yourself this next week. You know I'm praying for your safety.

Kimball said...

yeah a ten year old can't grow a thick beard

Anonymous said...

Jan Levingston is right. That's why I decided to vacation in Cali instead of ride with you. I thought of a million reasons not to go to California but I decided to anyway.