Sunday, September 14, 2008

Carthage and Nauvoo Illinois

While being in Nauvoo we met up with Ted and Lynn Cluff. They are missionaries in the area, and they showed us around and treated us real well. and they gave us treats.
This is the Temple in Nauvoo after it got re-dedicated in 2000.




This was a blacksmith in his blackshop in Nauvoo. He was making a horse shoe.



this was a classic shot of an old cabin in Nauvoo. Basically, they preserved part of the town to show us how it was was for the early Saints in the 1840's IE: the lifestyle, work, play. It was all neat. Taylor woulda enjoyed it.





Here we are in front of the Carthage Jail. These places were interesting to see and learn more about what happened to the early Saints and LDS members.





Here's the Mississippi river. It's pretty big.



Finally made it to Iowa in the pouring rain. It's been raining on us almost every day this week, dang Hurricane Ike. Who woulda thought it could make it's way up here? I guess "it makes its own beep road!" So in answer to Amy's question yes we did get a few motels.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

when will you go online?

Kimball said...

I go on-line when I'm in a public Libray or I" use my rich quides phone

Anonymous said...

Totally worth it, Right Susan...?
P.S. How are you holding up? I know Kimball is fine, he is a beast.

Anonymous said...

kimball you look too happy. stop it.

Megs said...

Hi Kimball! You don't know me, but I know your mom--go Susan! You guys inspire me. Well...I don't actually want to ride a bike or anything, but the fact that you're out there-- I respect that.