Monday, September 29, 2008

Go Big Or Go Home.


"I see things as they are and you say no, wait, you see things as they are and you say...no, no, what do you say when you see things?" Well what I see right now is a new company record. We did the unthinkable and rode 126.2 miles into the dark and into Cheyenne to our destination. Jeremy D is furious right now.

This was how we looked after calling it a huge day of real actual work and we checked ourselves into a well-deserved hotel and the softest beds and pillows ever. I slept all good.


I thought all the buffalo got extinct by the indians 200 years ago. We saw John Dunbar herding the buffalo afterwards.



I had a flat and as you can see there was no shade for miles. But one nice guy stopped and asked if we needed help. We politely declined.




We sat ourselves down under a tree and near some cows and had a tasty tunafish sandwich complete with triscuits and carrots and the
"trick of the day, a great banana."



This was a neat oil rig in the middle of the grasslands in Colorado.




After all day of traveling and long miles in the dark we finally made it to the Wyoming indian border. You can barely make out the sillouettes and Erin's reflective jacket if you look close. Now that Erin has successfully completed her 9 day adventure and did exceptionally-well I will let her entertain the readers and we'll share her thoughts and views and how she really thought of the trip. Your time now Erin.
"Okay. First of all, I am really excited for Kimball and this opportunity he has made happen for himself. I think he will forever be grateful of this experience. I'm so glad his friends and family have been able to make sacrifices and enjoy the journey along with him. I am especially grateful that Taylor and I could work together and make the trip possible for each of us. It wasn't a "piece of cake" like I was lead to believe by Taylor; and was cursing him my first day of 90 miles of rolling hills. Each day was an accomplishment for me and a treat to be in the solo company of Kimball. I learned quickly that Nebraska is indeed not all flat and does not consist completely of brown corn fields. It also has a lot of green scenery and quaint little movie-set-like towns. I also learned that I will, in fact, not die by drinking gas station, bathroom sink water for a week (so there, Jana). I also learned a lot about Kimball. I learned his diet doesn't consist solely of sugar and soda. He eats and enjoys lots of vegetables. He eats his Starbursts with the wrapper on....every single one of them. He brushes his teeth twice a day, EVERY DAY, not observing nights, weekends and holidays like some the elder Hansen brothers. I am not a morning person, but Kimball is very motivating to be around. And no, I never tire of his Kimball-isms. I laugh every time as if it's the first time I've heard of a cup-movement. I also learned that we both share a hatred of "Nasty Pulse". I learned that no matter how starving I thought I was; the strong gag reflex and strong dislike was still there. (Sorry)
If Kimball would have told me that I'd be riding 126 miles in one day, I would have never agreed to accompany him. Attitude is everything and this week is proof. Kimball constantly has a light and fun-loving spirit and never once did I see him get frustrated. I just took this trip hour by hour and my spirits were kept high by the constant flow of ridiculous things Kimball says. But, I love it all. I don't know if I could do this journey with anyone else. Thanks for having me Kimball, I thoroughly enjoyed it all. Thanks for the "treats"!Have fun, Larry!"
All right good stuff right there ladies and gentlemen we will wrap up this post now. "say good night Kevin, Goodnight Kevin"



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what I'd be doing w/ Erin under that tree, and it would be eating sandwiches.

Anonymous said...

Home Alone; kitchen scene.

Janalee said...

Erin I loved your commentary and how it gave us a more personal view of kimbycakes.

Anonymous said...

O Give Me a Home .........

Anonymous said...

Where the B words roam