Thursday, September 11, 2008

One month gone.


This is a classic shot of Mom riding through Illinois on a freshly-paved road. that makes biking a lot better.

We found a neat canal equipped with locks and waterfalls. I was taking a rest.


We met this guy in the pouring rain on Monday in Yorkville IL. He has a hotdog shop that makes the best dang hotdogs. His name is Ugly.



This was a delicious Ham Sandwich. the sign said "Worlds Largest Ham Sandwich." So we gave it a try and the lady put 30 slices of ham. it was all good.


Here I am changing a flat tire. nothing new. I'm getting better at it.

9 comments:

Amy John said...

So whats with the hotel rooms??? You sick of camping out?? I would be! You guys look like you are having sooo much fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good, Mama!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're getting better at changing flats. I offer no help in that category. I can probably repair one in 30 minutes flat.

Janalee said...

Kimball what if you fell in the canal?

Anonymous said...

so you lost one of my water bottles, oh well. All I can say is I wish I were still on the journey with you. That had to be the best two weeks of my life.

Anonymous said...

I mean the second best,. being with Erin everyday of my life has to be the best...ok Erin.

Anonymous said...

Your precious little map doesn't show you riding through Mass. The maps not very accurate.

Janalee said...

Mckay- I did the map and then Kimball yelled at me and told me I was worthless because I didn't chart it to the exact hairbreadth. So I will be remapping it when he hits a new state. These things take time and energy. Not to mention expertise. Not to mention love and sisterly devotion.

Anonymous said...

taylors sponser is going to be very upset.