Saturday, September 20, 2008

good stuff


We stopped at a roadside church to worship and sing praises. it was a neat little place along the highway of Iowa.

Bad luck day of braking 4 spokes in one sitting. Good thing I know what I'm doing and I repaired them.


I've never had cheese curds but we bought them from an Amish lady and they were so dang good. They came in variety of flavors. They squeak when you eat them.



This was a classic shot of the riding into the sun. Kinda like the ghost riders in the sky.


After a long day's work it's nice to kick back in the jaccuzi. "One's in danger of getting bubbles up one's woops-a-daisy."




Mom and I in front of the Winter Quarters Temple in Ohama, Nebraska. I didn't know there was one till we went around the corner and saw it.




Here's Erin all happy and giddy to start her trek through the plains of corn.





Poor Mom had to leave us all. Now I have to start cooking and washing the dishes again and not be lazy.



















Now I will turn the time over to Mom so that she can say a few last words about the trip. Your time Mom. Make me proud.



"I have alot to say about this past two weeks but I have to get to the airport. What a great thing this bike trip has been for six-weeks. As we've ridden the long Illinois and Iowa backroads I have heard about the previous four weeks before it was my turn. Kimball is an excellent navigator and map reader and direction finder and his confidence is inspiring. We have seen amazing sights and wonders in this part of the country. For over half the route we followed, and saw, the routes that theMormon Pioneer's took on their trek West and the things we saw in Nauvoo and Carthage and Winter Quarters were very faith promoting and moving. I loved it all and the country is beautiful beyond description and I know I'm too wordy but it was a great experience so good luck to Kimball and company for the next several weeks, and thanks to you interested readers for keeping up his morale. Susan (Kimball's mom)"





Ok and that's a wrap. I wanted to mix things up and start to have comments from the riders. Jeremy was the first one the other week we'll continue like that in an orderly fashion. "Work will go on and you will pay your bills."(no one can figure out which movie that's from).

7 comments:

Janalee said...

Erin I hope you look just like that after the trip.

And how does one break ones spokes so often and so easily?

Anonymous said...

Great job Susan, Good luck Erin, Keep it up Kimball. You can do it! (in the voice of Rob Schneider)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like something Morgan Freeman would say, but I don't know which movie. Maybe Deep Impact?

Kimball said...

one breaks spokes easily when he's carrying a corpse on the back of his bike and the rim that he bought was faulty and therefore couldn't withstand the pressure. and Mckay got the correct answer. i don't know how he did it though.

Anonymous said...

Kimball, yo mama is hot !!!

Anonymous said...

Are the hot tub bubbles turned on or are you just..........

Anonymous said...

I agree your mom is HOT