Monday, September 29, 2008

Wanted: One dang person to come with me through Nevada please.

















"What we got here is failure to communicate. Some folks you just can't reach, and you take what we got here last week which is the way he wants it, well he gets it. I don't like it anymore than you do." Name that quote. give up ok. But yes what we got here is failure to communicate like Cool Hand Luke once said after he was shot. Now as you are all aware by now, I've been biking my bike across America, I mean this is what I do. this is my job, my career. I prefer to share it with someone and not be greedy like Ben's greedy fingers. Right now I am in Cheyenne, Wyoming. My Dad will accompany me to Salt Lake City, Utah where General Conference will be held during the 4th and 5th of October. Dad leaves, I hang out for a few days, see the sights, old friends, companions, go on a hot date, fill up my tank.... then I'm back to the trip. The thing is that I have a poor ol' bicycle that's lonely that doesn't have anyone for enjoyment and entertainment. I extend the invitation to all that is willing, commited and dedicated to embark with me on this section of the journey. We will be traversing and conquering the harsh desert and climate of Nevada. Your life is not guarenteed but if you make it out alive the rewards and possibuildities are endless. Similar to when Jeremy D and I escaped from Gary, Indiana. A really successful, better than coach Dallas, Coach Schenks once said, "There is a difference between interest and commitment, when your interested in something you only do it when it's convienent, when your commited you accept no excuses only results." We later won state that year in football. That is the type of ship/business that I run here in Bike Across America. You can be like the chicken and only get involved in the breakfast sandwich or you can be commited like the pig. If you don't come, your loss, and you'll regret it and be kicking yourself like thousands have and will be doing for rejecting this once in a lifetime offer (ie: Ben). Or you can humble yourselves and join me. Now your either with that or your not. If you want to call me to tell me your commited and serious my number is (480) 415-6234. Dates aren't posted yet but somewhere between the 6th-12th of October or 8th-15th of October. Plane ticket is required to buy if coming from far away or you can just drive. Clothing is demanded that you bring and some treats. Cuz we are like the treats truck when I worked with Josh D for a year. Bring your game face too, and a gun for the bears. And an empty brain to fill up with a life-time of memories.


*Note: Multiple riders can participate only that one standard junky ol' kip bicycle is provided on a first come first serve basis. Other riders wishing to participate will need to bring bicycle equipped with the right equipment.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking my head up a bulls beep, but I'd rather take the butchers word for it.

Anonymous said...

you might get more takers if you paid for the plane tickets. Cheapskate.

Kimball said...

yeah you forgot i don't have a job dang it. and my budget was blown during Josh's leg

Anonymous said...

Kimb, I can't make shuffle work on the playlist, but at least I got a peppier song on there to play first and maybe people won't scream at you now.

Melanie said...

i volunteer my husband... i could use the vacation :)

Anonymous said...

I would ride with you but my muscles are much too big for your bike.

Carrie said...

hey, it's your cousin carrie- ben is in provo, in case you want to visit him when you are in utah, also, don't know what part of NV you're going through, but amber lives in vegas. let me know if you want their phone numbers.

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm really impressed by the breakfast sandwich story. That is probably the most fascinating part of this entire blog. Where did you hear that from?

Kimball said...

I heard it from you dang it.