Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1000 miles are over


Josh is dead after the second day with bad knees. But he's still a happy camper.

Here's Lake Erie. they say it looks like an ocean cuz it's so big but I saw land on the other side so nope, no good. The beach was all neat, instead of sand it had all kinds of flat rocks to skip on the water and the whole shore was a big ol' rock as I went out to swim. then I cut my hand on a rock.

Bout dang time we got out of New York. It took forever. Pennsylvania should be neat now. maybe we'll see more Amish.


Here's a classic shot. we went to rest and to leep and someone got my camera and took a photograph then returned it unharmed to my bag. Later the owner of the property told us to get the beep off his land. he wasn't really friendly but he was huge so we couldnt do anything about it.






Here's the 2 freight trains that go down the road at 15 -20 miles an hour. Josh wanted to name them Ace and Gary but I don't know about that one cuz that's nasty. We met a neat French guy yesterday. He liked to say the s word and use American cusswords. His name is Pierre, "that's his name in French." He's going cross country too but the other way, and he's only camped once, the rest of the time he knocks on peoples doors and asks to sleep in their backyard. He's like a modern day Adam Dalton. Josh and I are thinking of doing that one day, you know to be adventurous, After all I haven't shaved the whole trip and I have a thick beard and people are already calling me Grizzly Adams. They also say I look like Jack Harrison. "Keep ya'll busy."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimball you look like you've lost weight.

Lisa said...

I don't know why, but I'm curious to know what poker card was wedged into the "Welcome to Pennsylvania" sign. Was it a JOKER, a duece of clubs, what? Did you look?

Janalee said...

I'm glad you showed the bikes, I didn't realize how loaded down you were, they look like horses. Minus the tail. Hey you should put horse tails on the back for kicks. Specially when you're biking across the plains and you could be modern day pioneers. The pioneers up in the heavens would smile down on you and eat it all up. Unless they thought you were mocking them, then they'd shoot lightening bolts down at you.

Lisa- You WOULD want to know what kind of card that was, wouldn't you.

Anonymous said...

I zoomed into the picture where you were leaping and got that throw up taste in my throat after seeing your nasty ole facial hair.

Janalee said...

oh, in reference to the corn strapped onto your back. You can hang a sign on your bumper that sayed Fueled by Corn. Since people talk about fueling their cars with corn oil someday. You're fueling your body with it. Get it? The green's will love you.

PS were you joking when you said a stranger took your picture with your camera?

Anonymous said...

Well I'm guessing the card was an Ace since that may be a bike name. Gary must be for Gary, Indiana which is where they probably wish they were already. And Talmage, whatcha mean "nasty ol facial hair". You sound like you've never sported a "stache" before. lol
Josh, keep those knees iced we have games starting next Wed. Keep it up guys.

Anonymous said...

We didn't want to look for fear of it being the Joker, and after watching batman it made it worse. ok the truth was it was a 4 of spade or nuedered. and dang it Rich, your prophecy came true it's rainging right now and won't stop

Anonymous said...

The picture of Josh with his knees iced is giving me cold feet. But other than that; it looks like a blast! So glad you have this blog.

min_wilson said...

Yay, Josh is almost home! Sorry Kimball but i miss my Josh, you can have the other brother...

min_wilson said...

YOu know, you look like Woody harrelson in the picture of you jumping on the lake rocks with your face down