Friday, August 22, 2008

A typical day for a cross country biker.

This was a classic shot. What it is is: a different church at every corner of this intersection in Palmyra, NY. it goes from the top left to clockwise: Methodist, Protestant, Baptist, Catholic. That's kinda neat. I also wanted to show off how cool my camera is and how it's better than Jana's minus the 4 foot lens. (I'm kidding Jana don't ruin my blog now.)
Taylor eating a wild pear. There was no Partridge though, a la pinta. Bottom: is a nice patriotic fire hydrant in a town that I forgot the name.





Nice action shot of looking at the map and peddling down the Erie Canal. trying to avoid the clown song as much as possible. I hate the clown song and it's always playing.



Another neat Castle. It was a Church but got bought out or handed over to be something else.



Now this is what Jana was going wild about; an Amish farmer with his huge ol' Belgium horses. He had a thick beard and no rubber on his wheels just steel ones. What was neat though that on the back of the trailer was little triangle reflectors, I guess the good ol' Government made them put it on, now it's not as authentic and dropped 2 points. I think they wanted to put brake lights but realized you can't plug it into the horse so it didn't work.





This is Taylor and I at the Hill Cumorah. If you don't know where that is just ask your local LDS Missionaries and they'll be more than ready/happy to explain.

5 comments:

Amy John said...

I like that shot of all the churches on the corner. So I am not following something... what is the clown song??

GCrew Mama said...

Okay, so I blew up the Armory pic and you were totally in my hometown! How stinkin cool I think that is.
Anyhow, did you go inside the church? It is so beautiful inside and you could just sit and enjoy for hours!

Lisa said...

Kimball, you are always in that black and white shirt. I imagine it being like that football shirt worn every game under your pads and not being washed for the entire season.
Oh and post more pictures of Taylor in his spandex! Spencer wants to know if the blue ones are Erins?

min_wilson said...

haha, the clown song...

min_wilson said...

I like the new look you put on your page, especially the picture on the top although i wish you were smiling. Keep in touch... you know i worry.