Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week 1: gone.


After a week's worth of dealing with my stupid Kip bike, and I hate my bike similar to how Biff hates his tar, It broke down on Sunday. and by broke down I mean it would just be in nuetral. I never knew a bike could do that, but I would be peddling and it would be going nowhere. so today(Monday) Taylor towed me to the local bike shop and I bought a replacement. But it's still a Kip bike so I dunno what to do with that one.
We finally got into New York. FYI this was the first state sign that we've seen. So those of Maine and/or the Shire, or Massachusetts are currently unavailible. Well you know how the saying goes, "beggers can't be choosers."

Our diet consists of stopping a fruit stands and buying fruits and veggies and I've never eaten raw corn off the dinghy, but it's prettty dang good especially going down hill 25 miles an hour then drilling Taylor with the cob when it's done.


This is the first flat of the trip. it happened a few days ago when Taylor rode over an inch long thorn. the tube was almost destroyed. It took about an hour to change and we continued on wih the day's travels.


Here I am with a famous Indian of the Northeast. His name was Wind in his Hair. we saw him after we stayed at the indians campground.
Now then we've been biking for a week. Trivia question: How many miles did we do the first week? you have to guess dang it and I'll post the answer later. We've been fortunate enough to have had a shower at all the campgrounds we've been at. So I've been able to "scrub my self with soap gunna eat everybody!" and that's been nice cuz when I deposit the dirty clothes in the bag and take them out to wash they reek so dang bad. One of the campsites we warshed our clothes and they don't get clean very well. They're still brown and dirty and my shorts smelled like fish for some reason. But It's been the neates thing still.

9 comments:

Amy John said...

Wow, you're in New York! That is so awesome. I am so jealous!!!!

Anonymous said...

My guess is 300 miles.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing 525 miles in 7 days...

Anonymous said...

my guess is 0 miles. The whole thing is a hoax. You and Taylor have been in Vegas for a week going to strip clubs.

Janalee said...

love the corn cob throw.

I say 400 milos.

Anonymous said...

Probably about 15 miles of real actual riding.

Anonymous said...

if that. I rode my bike across the ocean once. With cancer.

min_wilson said...

Well, i would think about 425 miles in 7 days. But dang you've made it along way. How are your legs? You doing okay? Cant wait to see the next set of picures. I told a bunch of my myspace friends to check this out, they all think its amazing, they wish they were you oh and they are praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

nope, no good. the answer was after a week's of riding 352. I think Mckay wishes we were in Las Vegas so he could join us. So no one got the answer right maybe next time...