Friday, July 1, 2022

Day 1: Reykjavik to Hella

Miles: 64.6

First days of anything are never exactly like what you imagined. After turning in our rental car from a few days of fun, quick travel we picked up our bikes! HQCH and I decided to rent bikes instead of boxing up our Japanese Montagues and taking them with us. 

I'm loving these disc brakes.

We are also wanting to try using bikes with fatty tires like I see on IG of a few people that tour. 

We're taking a pic in front of the Bonus grocery store they have here. I keep wanting to call it the Piggly Wiggly like they do in the South. 

Reykjavik has some nice bike paths!

Either I got slower or Holly got faster since Japan but she's done an excellent job keeping up or going faster than me.

A roundabout for bikes! Yeah, I know it's pointless. 

This little fire hydrant is fun.


Pipelines for days. This is a geothermal line that picks up the heat/gas or whatever a smart person says.

The campsites here have nice kitchens to use. Great for getting out of the cold.

I'm taking a sink bath cuz I stink. We got rained on most of the day.

Now I'm washing the day's clothes!

Ready to go!

Camping outside the kitchen for our first night. Still haven't had a good night's sleep.




2 comments:

Janalee said...

love that little fire hydrant!

How can I get my boys to be just likeyou?

Kimball said...

Check Jude into Abuela Reyes' boarding school and I'll teach him.