Thursday, July 7, 2022

Day 7: D-town to E-town

Miles: 52.96

When you're traveling by bicycle across the country the weather isn't those cringe worthy topics to make you pass the time as the bank teller is ringing you up. Today I was expecting a fine tailwind. And to quote Bob Barker,  "That was not [a fine tailwind]." We  had some steep dirt roads, too, which went smoothly with the tailwinds. I got lost in the Stranger Things prequel audiobook that I enjoyed today. Plus all the many fosses we found as we climbed out of the canyon was well worth it. however, there was a lot of traffic along route 939.

Can't beat these fine sunny mornings!

This is HQCH's road because she's the Ox!
Look at that grade. Man was it tough to push the bikes.

Slowly making our way up.

My mission companion, Decker, said he loves this waterfall that I posted a pic of on IG.

Each side had another waterfall every couple thousand of feet. It was all neat. 

This one was tough to go up. I came back down to help Holly because I'm that kind of guy.

First one to spot Holly, wins.

Now we're getting above the valley, finally. I love the layers of Igneous rock here on the central and right side. 

These purple flowers are the best. They're kinda like lilacs but not at the same time.

We each devoured our own peaksa. Then Holly made pancakes for us back at the campsite. She said in England they add ice cream to their pancakes so I tried that and it was all good. Yet, somehow she still has the nerve to tease us Americans about putting Maple Syrup on them. Cheeky girl.

So I put her to sleep for that.



2 comments:

BrandonZ said...

That Peaksa looks all good! How much is a pizza in Iceland?

Kimball said...

Pretty cheap compared to everything else! 18 gold for each one. That'll get you a burger and fries or a small main dish. But the peaksa gets you more bang for your buck.