Sunday, July 10, 2022

Day 10 - 11: Myvatn to Akureyri

Miles: 65.96

I rode alone today.

Holly was too sick to ride and said she'd take the bus to Akureyri. We first went to the hot springs to bathe and to decompose. It was just as good as the Blue Lagoon but more than half the cost. After that we parted ways. I had a mostly downhill ride. Saw a coolo foss and then made the climb because that new tunnel doesn't allow bikers. I hate when they ruin everything like that. What harm is there to add a bike lane?

Oh well, we're staying here for two days to enjoy and observe the Sabbath Day. This town has a house of worship in it which is much needed, 


Here's our campsite.


This foss is so huge. Puts Niagara to shame huh?

I love the looming mountains. The lake effect can't be matched either as you bask in its Glory and Majesty while riding next to it. 

I said goodbye to this valley and hoofed it over the hill.

Wonder what this means in English. I'm still surprised by the amount of Icelandic that is spoken here. How's it not a dead language yet?

My reward for the climb.

"It is glorious and beautiful."

"It is Michael."


No comments: