Sunday, July 3, 2022

Day 3: Vik to Svinafell

Miles: 91

I'm still really sore. Dang. I'm surprised by the amount of Americans I've been seeing. It still feels like covid season for me and I'm the only one allowed to travel like I was doing last year.


I woke up to go pee. It's so neat how there is Eternal Daylight despite ruining my Circadian Clocks.

Mornings don't have much traffic. 

This road got boring fast. 

The Quay is so weird. She put these little sausages in her PB&J that I brought from Arizona.

We took a nap here right on this bench. Very tired.



I love this sign.

"Now there's a Batman..."

Back to familiar territory!

Love these salt and pepper chips. We ate the whole bag in a sitting, which isn't saying much.

Over there we had the most dread crosswind that blew us around. It's also where Interstellar was filmed.

And speaking of Batman this is where Batman Begins was filmed. Remember when I posted that glacier up close 4 years ago? No, that's right you don't care about anything.

Camping here for two nights to observe the Sabbath. Had to lay down our bikes because of how windy it is. I hope that tomorrow we can endure the storm.


Here's a quick vid of these birds that have been dive bombing us. I almost swatted one.

2 comments:

Janalee said...

how strange about the birds. now it's time to watch THe Birds so you can see what it's really like.

Kimball said...

I watched that in Mr Stever's Freshman English Class!